Part 6 – Labelling and marking, Marking of cylinders and fire extinguishers.
Clause 39 Markings for cylinders and fire extinguishers
- A refillable cylinder and a fire extinguisher (whether refillable or not) must be marked with the following information:
- the register number of the cylinder design to which the cylinder or fire extinguisher was manufactured:
- the manufacturer’s serial or batch number for the cylinder or fire extinguisher.
- A refillable cylinder must be marked with the following information…
- A fire extinguisher must be marked with a fire extinguisher registration number issued by a product certification body.
Clause 23B Fire extinguisher registration number
- A low-pressure fire extinguisher must have a fire extinguisher registration number issued under sub-clause (2).
- A product certification body may issue a fire extinguisher registration number for a low-pressure fire extinguisher if it is satisfied that the fire extinguisher—
- has been manufactured in accordance with this Part; and
- meets the quality assurance requirements specified in the fire extinguisher’s design.
Clause 3 Interpretations:
‘product certification body’ means a body accredited to ISO/IEC 17065 by an accreditation body operating to ISO/IEC 17011.
Further information is available on the New Zealand’s legislation website. http://www.legislation.govt.nz/regulation/public/2004/0043/latest/DLM244063.html