Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service was recommended for registration to BS OHSAS 18001:2007, and have subsequently been awarded certificate No. OHS 571434.
Notable outcomes of achieving this certification are:
- A safer and competent workforce
- Increased regulatory compliance
- A reduction in workplace accidents and injuries which directly impact on Sickness Absence
- Organisational cost savings
- Increased employee awareness and involvement with health, safety and wellbeing
- Greater positive image and improved reputation with customers and stakeholders